of $50,000 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run Western North Carolina
Project Created on: 07/22/2017
Project Type: Direct Give
In 2017, 1,131 girls in Western North Carolina learned to believe in their own limitless potential to change the world. Girls like Harini, a 4th grader in Buncombe County:
“Girls on the Run taught me to be respectful, nice and caring to others. To let my inner star shine. That I am a special girl who can change the world!”
Girls like Harini rely on the kindness of people like you to be able to participate in our transformational program.
At Girls on the Run of WNC, it is our policy to never turn away a girl based on financial need. Last year, over 80% of our 64 program sites were Title 1 (low-income) schools, because we intentionally target schools and communities where girls have limited access to quality after-school programs. We subsidized $88,025 in program scholarships in 2017, and an additional $10,000 was spent to provide girls in-need with healthy snacks and athletic shoes.
Your contribution of any amount make an immediate and significant impact on our council by ensuring all WNC girls can experience the power of Girls on the Run. Your investment in our girls today will make tomorrow’s change possible.
YOUR DONATION WILL:
- $2,500 – Fund a team for one season.
- $1,000 - Provide GOTR 5k medals for one season.
- $500 – Outfit six teams with program t-shirts.
- $250 – Fund program supplies for one team.
- $150 – Provide a scholarship for one girl.
- $75 - Provide training, background checks and support for one coach team.
- $50- Fund one team's Community Impact Project
- $30 - Cover the cost of a shoe voucher for a girl who does not have running shoes.
- $20 - Give one girl the full experience of the GOTR 5k celebration (includes Happy Hair, temporary tattoos, a dance party, a #1 race bib and materials to "bling their bib," a finisher medal, and 5k finisher treats).
- $15 - Provide GOTR and Heart & Sole Curriculum and activity sheets for one team.
Girls on the Run of WNC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and we rely on donations from our community to help support and grow our program. Program fees are our main source of income, but last year our organization provided nearly $75,000 in financial assistance to allow all girls, regardless of family income, to experience our program. Without public and private support, we could not give all girls the opportunity to participate.