of $43,000 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run Western North Carolina
Project Created on: 07/14/2016
Project Type: Direct Give
In 2016, 1,229 girls in Western North Carolina learned to believe in their own limitless potential to change the world. Girls like Harini, a 4th grader in Buncombe County:
“Girls on the Run taught me to be respectful, nice and caring to others. To let my inner star shine. That I am a special girl who can change the world!”
Girls like Harini rely on the kindness of people like you to be able to participate in our transformational program.
At Girls on the Run of WNC, it is our policy to never turn away a girl based on financial need. This fall 2016 season, 80% of our 34 program sites were Title 1 (low-income) schools, so we provided an additional $35,000 to ensure the girls in-need have healthy snacks, athletic shoes and scholarship assistance.
During the spring 2017 season, we expect a 60% increase in participation. That means 800 more girls will be empowered to boldly pursue their dreams and become the leaders of tomorrow. However, it also means the additional expenses of serving low-income schools and families may exceed $53,000.
Please join us to provide a quality Girls on the Run experience to all girls across Western North Carolina. Your investment in our girls today will make tomorrow’s change possible.
YOUR DONATION WILL:
- $2,500 – Fund a team for one season.
- $1,000 - Provide GOTR 5k medals for one season.
- $500 – Outfit six teams with program t-shirts.
- $250 – Fund program supplies for one team.
- $150 – Provide a scholarship for one girl.
- $75 - Provide training, background checks and support for one coach team.
- $50- Fund one team's Community Impact Project
- $30 - Cover the cost of a shoe voucher for a girl who does not have running shoes.
- $20 - Give one girl the full experience of the GOTR 5k celebration (includes Happy Hair, temporary tattoos, a dance party, a #1 race bib and materials to "bling their bib," a finisher medal, and 5k finisher treats).
- $15 - Provide GOTR and Heart & Sole Curriculum and activity sheets for one team.
Girls on the Run of WNC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and we rely on donations from our community to help support and grow our program. Program fees are our main source of income, but last year our organization provided nearly $75,000 in financial assistance to allow all girls, regardless of family income, to experience our program. Without public and private support, we could not give all girls the opportunity to participate.