of $2,500 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run New Jersey East
Project Created on: 01/20/2017
Girls on the Run inspires girls...
to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
All fundraising dollars support our Every Girl Can Run! initiative, providing financial assistance to cover the program fee so that every girl can participate in GOTR.
Girls on the Run International was established in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina by Molly Barker. What started with thirteen girls in one school has grown to over 200 councils in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Girls on the Run New Jersey East Executive Director Sydney Davis founded our local chapter in 2000. We aim to serve 2500 girls in Essex, Morris, Union, Mercer, and Burlington Counties in 2017.
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others