of $4,000 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Project Created on: 02/06/2017
Project Type: Celebrations
Photo from Steelwheeler 5K at North Park on October 21st
"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."
November #tourdeforty events:
- JFK 50 Mile - November 18th - Hagerstown, MD
- Thanksgiving to New Year's Day Run Streak begins - Nov. 23rd thru Jan. 1
November reminds us to give thanks for what we have and give back to those in need. Before you spend your month's income on holiday shopping, make a gift to Girls on the Run and give the gift of confidence for girls who need it the most.
- $40 puts a girl in a new pair of ASICS running shoes
- $50 sponsors me at a dollar per mile for my first 50 miler on Nov. 18th! All donations go to GOTR!
- $80 unifies a team of 15 girls with program t-shirts
- $100 motivates 4 girls to get to the starting (and finish) line of a Girls on the Run 5K event
- $175 supports a full program scholarship for a girl in need
Every donation to my #tourdeforty campaign supports a girl who is activating her limitless potential. From February through December 2017, I will complete at least one race or adventure in efforts to raise scholarship and shoe funds for Girls on the Run. Many of these events will also help other fantastic non-profit organizations like the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
In southwestern Pennsylvania, our Girls on the Run Magee staff works hard every day to ensure that every girl who requests financial assistance to join the program will receive it. Reaching a personal fundraising goal of $4,000 means that 22 girls from disadvantaged households will receive a FULL program scholarship and gain and improve competence, feel confidence in who they are, develop strength of character, respond to others and oneself with care, create positive connections with peers and adults, and make a meaningful contribution to community and society. Girls on the Run gives girls a fun, positive environment to set goals and focus on personal improvement and my own running/life mantra continues to be:
- Run your own race.
- Run the mile that you are in.
- Run for those who can’t.