of $4,000 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Project Created on: 02/06/2017
Project Type: Celebrations
Photo: #tourdeforty bibs and hardware from various races and events in 2017
February #tourdeforty events:
- 50-day Run Streak from Dec. 25th to Feb. 12th - 2 miles/day minimum
- Feb. 24th Spring Thaw - North Park, Pittsburgh - pacer
Every donation to my #tourdeforty campaign supports a girl who is activating her limitless potential. From February 2017 to February 2018, I will complete at least one race or adventure in efforts to raise scholarship and shoe funds for Girls on the Run. Many of these events will also help other fantastic non-profit organizations like the Achilles Foundation and Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- $40 puts a girl in a new pair of ASICS running shoes
- $50 sponsors me at a dollar per day for my 50-day run streak
- $80 unifies a team of 15 girls with program t-shirts
- $100 motivates 4 girls to get to the starting (and finish) line of a Girls on the Run 5K event - 5/20/18
- $175 supports a full program scholarship for a girl in need
In southwestern Pennsylvania, our Girls on the Run Magee staff works hard every day to ensure that every girl who requests financial assistance to join the program will receive it. Reaching a personal fundraising goal of $4,000 means that 22 girls from disadvantaged households will receive a FULL program scholarship and gain and improve competence, feel confidence in who they are, develop strength of character, respond to others and oneself with care, create positive connections with peers and adults, and make a meaningful contribution to community and society. Girls on the Run gives girls a fun, positive environment to set goals and focus on personal improvement and my own running/life mantra continues to be:
- Run your own race.
- Run the mile that you are in.
- Run for those who can’t.