of $10,000 raisedGive Now
About this project
GOTR Council: Girls on the Run Eastern Iowa
Project Created on: 07/01/2016
Project Type: Direct Give
Girls On The Run Changes Lives.
How do we know? We see it happen every season. It’s the light of recognition within each girl as she starts to understand and activate her limitless potential. It’s on the face of every girl who crosses the finish line of our celebratory 5k with a memory of accomplishment she’ll have for a lifetime.
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run® is a 501(c)3 positive youth development program which combines an interactive curriculum and running to inspire self-respect and healthy lifestyles in 3rd-8th grade girls. Our core curriculum addresses many aspects of girls’ development – their physical, emotional, mental and social well-being. Lessons help girls make positive decisions to avoid risky adolescent behaviors. At the end of each 10 week program the girls run a celebratory 5K to experience the exhilarating feeling of accomplishment. However, at Girls on the Run, the finish line is just the beginning, as our ultimate goal is to provide the girls with tools and resources that develop their ability to think critically - a skill that will serve them well for a lifetime!
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- $25 provides water bottles for one team of girls
- $35 provides 5k finisher medals for one team
- $50 pays for running shoes for a girl who needs them
- $75 stocks a coach bag for one team
- $100 provides t-shirts for a team of girls
- $120 pays for 5k race bibs for every girl
- $140 provides healthy snacks for a team of 20 girls
- $150 covers a full scholarship for one girl
- $250 provides all materials needed for one GOTR site
- $400 pays for GOTR 5k race registrations for an entire team of girls
- $500 provides training for 50 new coaches
- $750 covers full scholarships for 5 girls
- $1,000 provides background checks for all volunteer coaches for a season
- $1,500 provides full scholarships for 10 girls
- $2,500 sponsors an entire team
- $5,000 provides half of the funds needed to put on a GOTR 5k